Saturday, August 30, 2014

MAKE A CHARACTER STORYBOARD

When writing your novel, it's sometimes easy to forget what your characters look like, especially if you're like me and can only make weekly appointments to work on it. My workspace is also relatively small considering all of the other things I write and that take up my time in my working area. After a storyboarding workshop last winter, I decided to create a visual profiles board. I had already written character sketches and found images online of people who I thought looked like my characters, so it was just a matter of copying them and old-school cutting and pasting.

The result is the board you see on the right side in this photo. With pictures of my characters (and other key items like my characters' home) attached to a piece of foam core, I can tuck the board away and pull it out when I'm working on my novel. When I'm done, I can stash them back out of the way, keeping my space tidy and organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment